Night Audit Manager
Deluxe King Images
Posted August 22, 2019
Night Audit Manager
The Night Audit Manager is responsible for administrating the night audit process under the direction of the Director of Finance and in cooperation with accounting personnel. This position also is responsible for managing all Hotel Operations during the night shift, and includes dual reporting to the Director of Front Office and the Director of Finance.
Generally, this position is responsible for night audit close timing and accuracy for all PMS/POS systems on property, and ensuring that reconciled paperwork is made available to the accounting department on a daily basis. Additionally this position manages the night team and overall hotel operations during their shift, including front desk, security, engineering, and housekeeping.
The Night Managers’ responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following;
- Handle guest’s special requests and customer complaints during shift.
- Perform all other front desk duties and responsibilities.
- Investigate and handle complaints, disturbances, emergencies, etc. during shift.
- Perform some Night Audit functions, manage all Night Audit related functions and able to produce Night Audit reports.
- Interview, train, supervise and develop Night Audit staff, including coaching, counseling and discipline.
- Prepare, copy, and distribute reports as required.
- Monitor and prepare Night Audit reports in accordance with company requirements meeting various due dates and deadlines, i.e.,
- Document deficiencies in cashier’s paperwork in order for Outlet Managers to hold them accountable.
- Ensure all room rate postings are correct and complete a Group Room Posting Recap report
- Attend and contribute to periodic meetings to maintain favorable working relationships among employees and promote maximum morale, productivity, and efficiency.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- 3-5 years experience in supervisory or management position, with emphasis in Accounting or Front Office Administration, preferably in the hotel / resort industry
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees, guests, managers, and staff in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Must be proficient in excel and computer savvy.
- Opera/Micros experience a plus.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and training.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing name tags.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.