Catering Sales Manager
Deluxe King Images
Posted September 16, 2019
Catering Sales Manager
The Catering Sales Manager will develop and manage a specific and defined market segment through client solicitation, outside calls, telemarketing, client inquiries and direct mail correspondence to ensure all revenue goals are achieved or exceeded.
- Maximize revenue by selling catering products and services both orally and in written form to previous, current and potential clients.
- Manage all accounts details so that all pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are complete and documented. Coordinate various departments� participation in servicing accounts.
- Develop and implement monthly marketing strategies.
- Conduct outside sales calls both locally and in feeder market cities to solicit business.
- Acquires all food and beverage, audio visual equipment and meeting room needs from clients, prepares banquet event orders and communicates the needs to appropriate hotel personnel
- Strong background in the selling, planning and implementation of weddings and other events.
- Ability to communicate effectively, with customer service focus, with clients, vendors internal team members both verbally and written.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with appropriate prioritization of duties; demonstrates courtesy and cooperation in all interactions.
- Participates in M.O.D duties and schedules.
- Excellent communication skills, in both spoken and written word, are required.
- The drive to meet and exceed both client expectations and sales goals are required.
- Enjoy asking for business and closing sales.
- Consistently make cold calls.
- Consistently book repeat business.
- Maintain consistent verbal and written communication with clients
- Conduct familiarization trips
- Make onsite and field presentations to prospective clients.
- Work effectively with Rooms, Recreation, Catering, Conference/Convention Services, and Banquet Departments.
- Participate in local community to develop business.
- Attend trade shows and participate in sales blitzes.
- Excellent phone sales skills.
- Previous hotel catering sales management experience- a minimum of one year - is required.
- Experience with Delphi is required and a good, functional knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel.
The position of Catering Sales Manager is an exciting and rewarding career based position for sales oriented individuals. Previous hotel/resort Catering Sales Management Experience preferred - at least a minimum of 1 year experience. Experience in Delphi is required and a good functional knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Candidates should be prepared to solicit event bookings via telephone and cold call contact. Catering Sales requires a total abandonment of the fear of rejection, and a positive, upbeat personality that likes to win. It can not be stressed enough, that if you don't like to sell, sell, sell, this is not the position for you. But . . . if you like challenges, and being rewarded with sincere appreciation for your party or event planning talents - and if you want to make a name for yourself within the community . . . this is could be your perfect job.
Hours are based on prime selling time and events booked. Flexibility is and will remain the key to balance between personal and business times.