Red Restaurant - Cook 1
Deluxe King Images
Posted September 8, 2019
Cook 1 Needed!
Red Restaurant - Cook 1
What you will be doing:
- Assist in Menu creation
- Create innovative specials and effectively expedite food orders on the line with efficiency
- Performs the actual cooking of all menu items, normally to order in accordance with the procedures and high level of quality.
- Prepares food in an efficient manner while adhering to established standardized recipes and procedures
- Is the shift leader and is required for proper opening and closing associated with that shift.
- Responsible for sautéing, charbroiling, baking, roasting and braising.
- Pre-function prep of meats to include: Searing, marking, marinating, and basic roasting.
- In depth knowledge of steak temperatures, with the ability to distinguish by touch
- Communicate with Culinary Management to coordination daily prep list.
- Responsible for labeling, dating, and rotating all food products and ensuring freshness.
- Perform work assignments to meet proper quantities within a necessary time frame
- Be knowledgeable of all stations in the restaurant.
- Be knowledgeable of plate presentations and preparations of all menu items.
- Communicate with all line cooks daily for proper pars and production requirements when needed in specified workstations.
- Responsible for maintaining prep and production pars.
- Responsible for keeping waste to a minimum
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and sanitary work environment
Knowledge & Skills
- Must have 3-5 years of accelerating experience in all food production
- Expertise on all kitchen stations.
- Excellent English communication skills and ability to interact effectively with customers and other personnel
- Knowledge of food service and sanitation standards
- Willingness to learn and grow in food service abilities
- Mature in judgment and behavior
- Ability to multi-task and handle service points such as grille, cashier duties, and food preparation
- Ability to consistently arrive punctually and contribute to a positive dining atmosphere
- California Food Handler's Certification
- Premium Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- Matching 401(K) program
- Great Employee Assistance Program
- Vacation, Sick & Personal paid-time off
- Group Life Insurance
- Free parking
- Free meals
- 20% Off retail outlets and food & beverage outlets